Then...

Then...

...and now.

...and now.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is just the beginning...

Well, I've been inspired by a bunch of wonderful friends to join the We're Turning 40 Blogging Circle. It's taken me awhile, but if you knew how much I do not like to write, then you would understand the delay. Plus I think I am terribly dull and boring. I'm not sure if anyone will read this or care, but I have a feeling that this may be one of those experiences that changes me for the better. And if it does that, then I'll be satisfied.

I still have to work on my list of things that I want to do before I turn 40. I hope I can come up with 40 things. There may be some plagiarism if I see a really good one on someone's list. I hope nobody minds.

Here's a little history of me. I was born on October 25, 1970...almost a "Boo" baby, but not quite. I was born in Junction City, KS and moved a lot because my Dad was in the military. We lived in Anchorage, AK for a couple years before moving to my hometown of Guthrie, OK. I skipped kindergarten and went straight into 1st grade, so I was always one of the younger kids in class. It kind of bugged me back then, but right now it's looking pretty good! Boy, how times change. I've always wondered when we stopped saying, "I'm 8 and 1/2...I'm 15 and 1/2" and started saying "I just turned 39 (4 months ago)".

I think that's it for now. Hmm...that wasn't too painful.


5 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea how precious you are? I love this blog. You are FAR from dull and boring Becky, you are FABULOUS, one of my oldest and dearest friends. I hope you continue writing, we are going to learn a lot about ourselves and each other thru this process. Thanks for jumping on board!!!!
    I am putting your link on my page in a minute so you will have other visitors soon!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leslie - nothing boring about you! So happy you are jumping on bored! I didn't realize our birthdays were so close mine is the 27th of October, now it's fun to be the "baby" of the class! Oh and as far as the "just turned" thing, I have started that with my youngest child. She "just turned" 3! (in august!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You? Boring? Really? Get over yourself sister! You are amazing and completely memorable. I couldn't have forgotten you if I tried woman. I have been so grateful that we found each other after so long. Blog away Beck! It's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are anything but boring! I love you and so happy you are doing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good!! I appreciated the "age and a 1/2" reference. I am looking forward to getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete